As the summer draws to a close, I’m working at several steampunk events to help raise money for the Rising Phoenix Fund before our deadline on September 5th.
Coming closest on our docket is the Steam Ball at Authors After Dark in Philadelphia, on August 13th.
Additionally, the organizers behind The Anachronism III: Visit to Edo have graciously offered to support Rising Phoenix by selecting us as one of the charities that will benefit from this event. This is coming up on Sunday, August 21st at Webster Hall in NYC.
Most excitingly, on Sunday, August 28th, Bruce & Melanie Rosenbaum, owners of the famous ModVic House in Sharon, Massachusetts, are graciously opening their doors for an exclusive tea! This is a LIMITED ENGAGEMENT and only 20 tickets will be sold at this event, so don’t miss your chance to visit steampunk’s most well-known homestead.
This event includes:
– Lovely high tea presented by Miss Kitty!
– Professional Portrait shots inside the home courtesy of Conjure Photography
– Great prizes offered to our guests donated by Dr. Grymm Laboratories, Red Fork Empire, Big Bear Trading Company, Thee-Gartisan Works and more!
– A chance to win weekend passes to the Great New England Steampunk Exhibition in September, which includes special guests Abney Park, Phil & Kaja Foglio, the creators of Girl Genius, maker extraordinaire Jake von Slatt, and to TeslaCon in November, the premiere immersive convention featuring special guests Gail Carriger & George Mann.
– Various entertainments galore throughout the evening.
Buy Tickets at Brown Paper Tickets